Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Clear Stamp Organization... Metal Die organization.... and more~

CLEAR STAMP ORGANIZATION

Update: 

I know that I introduced my clear stamp organization a few months ago... 

but, I wanted to update you with the system now that I have 'lived' with it for a while. 

I still love it! 

It has to be one of the best systems I have created ...
AND...
I have used a wider variety of stamps making use of what I already own!

It also helps me want to put new stamps away the moment I get them... It's been a total success...





I can't recommend this organization more.... and it seems like I've tried it 'all'~


Side Note: if you want to know where to get the envelopes you can look  here ... but beware it's costly on this website... I got them at the office store for around $1 - $1.50 each envelope (like $3.50 ish a pgk ) 


METAL DIE ORGANIZATION

Ok, I totally can't take total credit for this idea... 
but, I can let you see my twist on it and how it works for me.

I used magnetic vent covers (found at your local hardware store) 
and attached them to the closet mirror doors in my craft room. 


I actually have more dies sitting next my wall ready for me to put up another magnetic sheet.... I should probably do that today :) 

Anyways, it's a great system that quickly shows you what you have and makes the dies easy to use and put away. 


EXTRA ORGANIZATION:

I used to love my 'Clip it Up' and I still love it... but when I recently moved (and I now share the office with my Dad) I didn't have the space I needed to use it the way it needed to be used. So, I decided to use legal drop files in the office file cabinet to organize my sticker/chipboard/paper pieces...etc...

It's actually working pretty nicely! 
So nicely in-fact that I created some drop files for my solid and patterned paper pieces. 




Here is why my systems have been working for me... 

1. I need to be able to readily see what I have so I can use it and so I don't buy doubles. 
2. I want to be able to clean my room as quickly as (or quicker) than it gets messy.


Sounds easy right? I thought so too... but it's seem to have taken me a few years... and a lot of different organization tools to finally figure it out. 

I hope that this might be able to help you reorganize and get the most use out of what you already have~!

Cheers, 
N. 

5 comments:

  1. oh wow, LOVE your organization! i've been working on organzing today. what are you using actually for your stamps? are they some type of clear bags?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are one crafty, clever and "organized" chick!! Great tips!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Where did you find those bags for stmaps those are great.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry for my delay in response... here is where you can find them... although I know you can get them cheaper... I did... I think I got them for around $1-$1.50 an envelope. http://www.officedepot.com/a/products/667812/Office-Depot-Brand-80percent-Recycled-Transparent/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nicole, thank you so much for your willingness to share these outstanding ideas. Lately, I feel as though I have spent more time searching for organizational ideas for my craft space than actually producing anything that resembles a finished project. I am one of those individuals who cannot create in clutter. Thanks to you, I might actually be able to reclaim my creative mojo!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking a moment to say hi! --- Hello and thank you right back at-cha!