Monday, November 12, 2012

Deck The Halls

Nicole here! 

Can you believe that Christmas is peeking around the corner? 

I'll tell you a little secret - I don't make hand made Christmas cards. 

Nope, every year my husband and I have been married (and the year we were engaged) I've sent out picture cards. It's been an awesome tradition and this year will make 6 picture cards - so I plan to have the first 6 framed. I hope to do this tradition year after year. 

AND, wanna know the best part - I'm not making 50+ Christmas cards by hand. Fact is, I'd hate it. I'd make 3 or 4 and then - it would seem like this huge chore - and the cards would get increasingly sloppy as I 'just wanted to be done' --- and it's just not how I want to spend my crafty Christmas time. Ya know? 

To be honest - it took me a lot of years to not have the 'home made' card guilt. I always worry that people think they didn't get something homemade from me because I don't love them. But, that's all in my own head - people are happy to get anything sent to them. Home made or not, it's the thought that counts! 

I still make a couple Christmas cards - but, I usually box them up for my grandma to send out - that way she get's the joy of getting my home made cards AND she gets to send them off to her friends. Best of both worlds - dontcha think? 

I used the inspirational challenge from 

http://casestudychallenge.blogspot.com/

The inspirational card this time was... 


Pretty yes? 

I decided to get working on the holiday stuff - and this is what I came up with



What's your Christmas card tradition? Do you feel the home made guilt? 

I say - deck those halls ... and craft what makes YOU feel good! The rest is gravy! 

Happy Holiday Season! 
N. 

4 comments:

  1. I LOVE THIS! So love that you used buttons! I also send out photo cards but give handmade ones to family too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well this card makes me feel good LOL! For me I make some handmade cards but then send a lot of ones that have been printed up at school from my children's art work - personal but no mass production required! I love the combination of buttons and bling on your card. Thanks for joining us at CASE Study this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful CASE! And YES, I absolutely feel the guilt of not making home made cards! lol! Thanks for playing with us at CASE Study Challenge! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking a moment to say hi! --- Hello and thank you right back at-cha!