Wednesday, January 19, 2011

A small tip

I am a crafting cheap skate. period. 

I mean, clearly I splurge on all things craft, but I am always in 
awe at some of the price tags on general supplies. I try to wait to see if 
I can find the thing I want at Michaels with my coupon... or online... but, even still I think lots 
of paper and accessories are over-priced. So, I try to use everything I buy as much as possible. 
I have huge... color coordinated... scrap bins. I use packaging for various projects and I organize myself to the hill in order to see all I have so I actually use it. 

I digress...

Cosmo Cricket paper and embellishments are so freakin' cute... but... 

OMG, can they be more pricey? 
(If you are from Cosmo Cricket and this statement offends you 
please refer to my first sentence in this blog post.) 

It's like the minute a brand becomes 'the' brand... they feel like they can charge up the waazoo... and they do. 

So, I haven't owned much in the way of Cosmo Cricket. 

But, thank God... Michaels is now carrying it and I can use my coupon. 

I bought the paper pack and I think it was like $9 (after coupon) for 

14 sheets of double sided 
and 
1 sticker sheet

So like .50 cents a sheet and like $1 something for the stickers. I think thats fair... but, I did use a coupon. 

Anywho, you're probably like... wheres the tip... 

Here it comes... so when you buy your paper pack it comes packaged with a front sheet showing you 
all of the different things that come in the pack... 

like this... 




That front sheet is one of my favorite parts of the pack. 

Here's why. 

I always hate cutting straight into a new paper pack I just bought. I know it's weirdly hoarder-ish. 
I always think of how much it cost and that it might be perfect for a future project... but, I love it so much I can't wait for a future project... 

So, I dive right into the front sample sheet. 


Look at all the great paper piecing you can do... and all the coordination work has been done for you!

So, here's a little something I made with my front sheet. 


Cute right? 

Of course I used Market Street Stamps. Love them. 
(If you haven't heard of them check them out... They are going to be so big... trust me...)


So, when you buy your supplies always look to the packaging for little extras... you never know what you might find that will save you some $$.

Cheers, 
N. 

2 comments:

  1. great tip! i love cosmo cricket but i agree about pricing. it's so hard. i couldn't find any at ALL at my michael's - i will be on the lookout from now on tho...thanks for the tip - i've always thought to do this but never have.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Cosmo Cricket and I like to use the cover of the pack too. I love how you have used the Enjoy Today set! Angelica made a wonderful choice picking you to be on her DT. You are very talented!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking a moment to say hi! --- Hello and thank you right back at-cha!