Friday, May 14, 2010

Wedding Themes

Theme, Concept, Idea.... 

Do you have to have one for your event? 

YES!

Here's why. 

The first expression I get when I tell people that they should have a theme is one of shock and dislike. I mean it's like I just asked them to have all their guest dress up as the wizard of oz characters while they enter on the brick road.... this is not what I mean when I say theme. 

Theme is not a dirty word, its an understanding of the vision you have for your day. A theme could be as straight forward as 'Victorian Country' or as broad as 'Modern Elegance'. Having a concept or theme for your wedding from the beginning is crucial for a seamless event. 

That's why I believe a concept board is so important. After I sit with a client and get the general idea of their vision I go home and apply that vision to a tangible board. Something that can be taken to the florist, the venue, the ceremony... etc. 

For example, this concept board was built for a bride who wanted 'Organic Elegance'... the bride wanted the magic of the outdoors with the elegance of an indoor event. An outdoor reception with all the grandeur of the most beautiful ballroom. This bride wanted earth friendly products, recycled, reused... but amazing. 


The Concept I Created:



A concept board doesn't mean that everything on the board is going to be used... but it's a great starting point for your theme. Changes will happen. At least you can visually see exactly what your dreaming of... 

So start coming up with a .... theme!! 

Happy Theme-ing

Come visit my website at 
www.sweetromances.org


Nicole

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking a moment to say hi! --- Hello and thank you right back at-cha!