Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Challenge Happy - New Release is here!

Ok - Let's get right down to it.

I had to make some cards for Sweet Stamp Shop's new release (Wednesday Aug. 14th) and I was seriously lacking the needed mojo - so, you know I'm a challenge type of girl... so, that's what I did. I tried some new challenges and participated in some of my 'go to' favorites.


First up - I finally took some time to participate in the 'Timeless Twine' Sketch challenge ... and I tried the (new to me) 'Just Add Ink' Challenge

Timeless Twine

Just Add Ink
And, so this is what I came up with ...

I like how this one turned out - I really like how I made the flower out of one of the tree tops...

Fall Gratitude {new this month}



Next up, I participated in the ColourQ Challenge and paired it with the Clean & Simple Sketch -

ColourQ

Clean & Simple
So here's what I did...


I love the watercolor look and I used an older stamp set 'Today Was' - and I thought it made such a lovely sentiment on the card. Swoon! ---- BONUS, I'm even really diggin' the color scheme. It works! (I wouldn't typically use so many hues in one piece - but, it works!)


Fall Gratitude
Today Was



You know my love for Retro Sketches, right?! I think they always have GREAT samples from the design team... and it really gets my mojo flowin' :)



Retro Sketches


This might be my favorite card of the day... 


Giggle - this card just seemed to really flow well. I think the design ended up working nicely - and I like how I choose to lead the eye from corner to corner... I know, it's just a card... but, the artist in me thinks of those things! lol 

Mummy


Triangle Style 


Alpha Tabs


I also took a moment to play with Fusion (and I think I'm going to do another card for this one - if I have some time!) 

Fusion Card Challenge
I am using a new stamp set - and I thought it was a cute idea to make a 'menu' out of it... and what's more important on a 'Thanksgiving' Menu than turkey?!?


Chalkboard Sign

Turkey Hotline


Finally, I noticed that the Simon Says Challenge this week was Triangles... and that was just too good to pass up (you'll see with the release tomorrow) and so I did a quick card with some watercolor and gold emboss. I didn't even think it needed a sentiment. Sometimes, no words are needed - don'tcha think?

Triangle Style

Thanks for stopping in on the blog this week -



Hugs and Happy Stamping!
N.

29 comments:

  1. Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink this week, Nicole - your card is very sweet! You sure have been busy, with all those creations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wowza Girlie these are all fantastical!! I love your take on the current sketch challenge for Timeless Twine, thanks for linking up with us.
    Brianna

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing cards! Thanks for playing along in our "Triangles" challenge over at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Who's been a busy little crafter!? Thanks so much for playing along at Just Add Ink, your card is beautiful. Love the sweet little envelope with the sentiment popping out. All the little elements like the sewing and the little heart on the flower just add to it's beauty. Louise xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love all of them! Sweet BOO Card! Love the GOLDEN triangles. the Turkey MENU, Awesome! I LOVE Thanksgiving!

    -Kimberly

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gosh Nicole what a lovely card! Love that itty bitty heart :)
    Thanks for playing at Just Add Ink this week.

    Trish
    JAI Design Team

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great dose of inspiration, today, Nicole...love all these trendy creations!!! I came to see your FUSION card, which I love...love the little chalkboard menu--cute idea!!! I do think my favorite of the batch, though, is the top one with the twine...gorgeous colors!!! So glad you joined in the FUSION fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Got an error message on that last comment...I'll try again...love the inspiration today...so many trendy looks! I came to see your FUSION card, which I love...love the little chalkboard menu! My fave of the batch, though, is the top one...gorgeous colors!!! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at FUSION, Nicole!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow there are so many elements of your work that I like - I love the way you have put your flower together especially he spiral of twine in the centre. Very clever. Chantell JAI

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful designs Nicole. That's a lot of projects with your fabulous & trendy stamps. Nice work. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful release and your creations are awesome! Love the watercolor card too and so very creative to se the tree tops as the flower

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fabulous cards!! I love new fall release!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your fabulous cards (and the release). The first card...making a flower out of the ovals...brilliant! My fave!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow! Nicole. You got busy! Love your cards they are always the best.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your tag card is beautiful, lovely placement of elements. Thanks for playing with our colour challenge this week at Just Add Ink.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fabulous series of cards Nicole! LOVE your turkey blackboard menu for the FUSION Challenge - so glad you played along this fortnight - hope to see you again soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love your cards...especially that mummy one. :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. You've got such beautiful layers on your cards! Glad those challenges helped spark your mojo :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful projects. Love the turkey chalkboard.

    ReplyDelete
  20. WOW look at all those beautiful cards. You definitely got your mojo going. TFS.
    D~
    http://designsbydragonfly.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. Very cute! All projects are amazing, but always love the watercolors ones more!!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Great take on the sketch - I'd love for you to link up at 52 Card Pickup this week!

    http://www.oldbackporch.com/2013/08/52-card-pickup-233.html

    ReplyDelete
  23. a-dorable...everything is super duper adorable!
    Thanks for playing with us at Fusion!

    ReplyDelete
  24. OMG.....so many fabulous creations and great inspiration! Thanks for taking the time to play with this months "Sketchy" challenge over at Timeless Twine!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Wow Nicole. You have been busy. I love all your cards. I love the flower on the card for the Timeless Twine card. Thanks for joining the Timeless Twine Sketch challenge.

    Melisa TTDT

    ReplyDelete
  26. WOW you have been super busy. I love them all. Thanks for joining us for Timeless Twine's Sketch Challenge
    Deb C
    TTDT

    ReplyDelete
  27. Gorgeous card Nicole! Love them all. Thanks for playing along with TT challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking a moment to say hi! --- Hello and thank you right back at-cha!