Wednesday, December 1, 2010

MFT December Release Blog Hop





Hello All, 

This is my official sign off as the November guest designer. 

And I think I've saved the best for last. I hope you agree!

First I wanted to take a minute and thank MFT for the fun month full of stamps, card making, and coloring. I have quite the stack of cards going thanks to MFT! By far one of the best companies I have lent my creative juices to!

Here is my last project, tear.... tear. 

And a little tip/trick from me to you!



I used the new floppy set and 


Do you ever catch yourself thinking....
 Oh, man this card would be perfect if only I had
... a cloud... a sentiment.... a bubble stamp

You know... when you have that one thing in your mind that would complete it all 
but you just don't have 'the' stamp. 

What if I told you .... You Do have it!! 

All you need is a bit of practice... some creativity.... and a willingness to try...

What is it, you ask....

Ready for it... 

A Pen. 

Thats right... I'm encouraging you to d-r-a-w!! 

I know, right off the bat I am losing most of you... with the ol' 

I can't draw!!! 

Stay with me and I will show you ... you can!

First, start simple... 

like with hearts or clouds....

I needed some clouds ... so for example purposes... 

You'll need 


A pen. (Micron!) White Paper. A light colored pencil. Vellum 



Then just start drawing! 
Plan to draw a lot to get one or two that you like...

Decide on the one or two that you like and put a check mark next to them.


On top trace over, using vellum, around the cloud... a little bigger than the original

Then take the colored pencil and soften the lines..

Same with the vellum... it's a cloud after-all!


Then cut out each piece of the cloud and attach...






And ... poof.... exactly what my card needed to make it perfect!


So before you get discouraged because you don't have the exact stamp to complete your look... take a double look at that black pen in your pencil box and ask yourself.... 

Why not try?? 

I hope I've inspired you to give drawing a go... it's not so intimidating! I promise!

Thanks again for all your support this month! 
Happy Holidays and Happy MFT Shopping..

Here is the MFT blog link


And the store... Just in case :) 


Holiday Cheers, 
N. 


20 comments:

  1. This card is awesome Nicole!!! I LOVE IT!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Flopsey card is just awesome!! Those clouds too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so cute! Thanks for the tip....I need to start drawing more!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card - I love that Flopsey is a bit off the panel. Very creative.

    ReplyDelete
  5. love those vellum clouds, very cool

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on a GREAT Month of MFT Guest DT... I would like to encourage your YOUNGSTER SELF to come to my blog for a History Lesson I wrote and TOTALLY thought of YOU while writing it!!! LMAO ALL due to a blog post of YOURS, you funny gal!!! :) :) :)

    HOPE to see you around the MFT Forums for chats and laughs!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You did an amazing job this month as a guest designer! I had a blast visiting your blog the whole time, fabulous job! I love this Flopsey creation, he is so sweet and I just love your clouds!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so cute... and thank you for sharing that tip with us!

    Thank you so much for sharing!!!

    ~Ola
    okj83 at live dot com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Flopsey looks so cute, and I love how you used the banner die!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Girl, this rocks! The clouds are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fun clouds!! That is quite crative.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your Flopsey card and your creative clouds!

    ReplyDelete
  13. your card is FANTASTIC! I love your fun and invetive way of stamping. your creations are so fresh. looove this. thanks for all your work this week!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a cute idea I love the banner and the letters

    ReplyDelete
  15. Definitely a WOW card! I love all the dimension, and your clouds are fantastic!

    You were an amazing guest designer -- thanks for all the eye candy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Omg, omg, gimme gimme gimme...i want this card, its amazaing and beautiful. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is soo gorgeous! I really love your style!
    Kristy xo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking a moment to say hi! --- Hello and thank you right back at-cha!