Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Sweet Peeks Day Two!



Day two is here! If this is your first glance 
at the hop - you'll wanna go back and catch up 
because we've got some good prizes in store! 

Today you should be arriving here from the lovely and talented


If not, you'll wanna start at the beginning


Ok, so today I've got a cool trick to show you using 
a tool you probably have in your stash - (and if you don't you could 
just take out handy ol' scissors too!) 


First, I should show you the cards! 

I'm a big fan of simple and geometric! (mostly b/c I think 
I'm a glitter and excess kind of crafter - so thinking clean and simple 
is ALWAYS hard for me) 


I love sewing on my cards - although you know that! 
But, what I also love is to give my beautiful paper front stage! 

Yep, this stamper loves to put a spotlight on paper every once in a while! Sentiments are a great way to help you say what you want AND keep the spot light on the paper! 


You know what's huge right now - chevrons! AND all things Geometric! 

Wanna learn how to create these geometric favorites with what you've got in your craft stash?! Ok here we go.... 

You'll need - Paper and a Square Punch 
(or scissors would work just fine too!)


Here's how to make the first border  -- 


- Grab that punch! 
(any size square will work - it's up to you!) 


Punch out a square (or if you don't have a square punch just use your straight cutter to make 1x1 or 2x2 squares) 


Then, simply, cut the square in half at one of the edges. 

Do this with a couple different patterns - and then attach them to your 
card how ever you fancy! 

This is what I ended up with! 



Next up is the Chevron border - 

You'll need the punch again



and you'll need a piece of paper about 1.5 inches (or smaller - again this is just size preference) 


Then you'll wanna stick the end in the punch just far enough
for one corner to punch out - see picture --


Punch that out and you'll have a piece of paper like this 


Stick this end back into the punch less than .25 inch
and punch out again- see below


You'll end up with your first little shape and you'll 
be ready to cut your next! 


The end product is this ... 




How easy was that? AND the paper is taking the spotlight the 
whole time! LOVE LOVE that! 

See you all back here tomorrow for another sneak peek and 
I'll be revealing the new sets in all their glory --- AND you'll 
be able to BUY!!! 

See you tomorrow :) 
N. 

22 comments:

  1. These are fabulous and love your tutorials for them too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love love love these! Thanks for the great tutorials!

    ReplyDelete
  3. omg! omg! omg! omg!! LOVE your cards!! especially that chevron-y seasons greetings card...come on!!! SO WONDERFUL! WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the chevrons and thanks for the quick tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the cards! Thanks for the tutorial on how to do the arrows and chevron!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OH cute....I love how you did this....Thank you for sharing. I am going to try this out on my own.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great cards! Love the stitching and the modern feel. You are definitely putting your punches to good use!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome cards! I love the tips on how you created the chevron - I'm off to buy a square punch!! LOL! Thanks for the inspiration :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. ACK! I love these both! Thanks for sharing your techniques!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOVE love LOVE these!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great way to use of some scraps. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great tip on how to make the chevron patter, and I love any cards that use up scraps. I'm afraid I have a bit of a hoarding tendency, and never want to throw them out :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Genius !! Great cards . Thanks so much for the tutorial.

    ReplyDelete
  14. great cards using seasonal colors bu not seasonal paper/ thanks for the tutorial pics and sharing your projects.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fabulous cards and thanks for showing how.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Using punches in that way was such a great idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. These are fab cards Nicole - love how you created the chevron - neat trick - thanks for sharing. Another day of amazing creations from your Team.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love these! Such a simple idea and easy to card-lift. Bravo! :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love your graphic style, those chevrons are genius.

    ReplyDelete
  20. These are so great! I love the graphic designs!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Cool chevrons! Very helpful tutorial too.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking a moment to say hi! --- Hello and thank you right back at-cha!