Saturday, August 27, 2011

Playing Along with The Play Date Cafe`

Whew, it's been a little while since I blogged on something other than the Sweet Stamp Shop blog... it feels so nice! I love to make a point to do something crafty for *me* every once in a while! 

I was looking around The Play Date Cafe and this week they had the most amazing color board story! 

Check it out!


Right when I saw those colors in that combination... it just hit me! I knew I had *the* perfect photograph to go with the combo!

The only slight problem is... for some reason the colors in the photo don't come out as true to the colors that they should be.... eh, chalk it up to my poor photography skills! 















Jake and I had some pictures taken back (about a year ago) when we lived in the Bay Area (California). I really like that we did... it marks such a great time in our lives and a great time in our married life. It was the first time we lived 'on our own' away from our parents and other supportive units (in San Diego). We actually made it work and were pretty happy along the way! 


Well, I hope that you might have gotten a touch of inspiration from The Play Date Cafe color board and want to play along yourself!


Happy Crafting!
Nicole

OJS

5 comments:

  1. OHHH! What a great photo! I love that I'm not the only one scrapping a year after the photo was taken! LOL! And what great memories you have from one photo/one moment in time!! You are not the only one where photos don't show up correctly--although, I think this is a perfect match!! LOVE the choice of papers--and I LOOOOOOVE that you made a LO--I always make a card....I need to step out of my comfort zone! LOL! Great job!! So glad you had time to play in your craft room!!! LOVE LOVE LOVE:) Thanks so much for joining in the fun and playing along with us over at the PDCC:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nicole this is quite charming! Love all of the sweet layers and details you've added to your LO! WONDERFUL :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful layout, Nicole...the picture speaks a thousand words and you've highlighted it marvelously with all those pretty details! Fabulous! Thanks for playing along with us at the Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is absolutely amazing, Nicole! LOVE all the stunning details you've used to highlight your gorgeous photographs! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at The Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning layout, Nicole! Love the details and elements!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking a moment to say hi! --- Hello and thank you right back at-cha!