Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Rhinestones... Birds... and Irons!

Hello All, 

As promised in my last video, I finally have done something with those heat set rhinestones!

And I have this funny feeling that you'll see how easy this is and want to have the supplies handy for when you want to customize your wardrobe. 

So, you'll need...



Basic double stick Fusible Webbing. 
So so so easy to use. 

1.Peal off paper from one side of fusible webbing
2. Iron on to side of fabric you want to be 'sticky'
3. Cut out pattern
4. Iron cut out fabric to whatever clothing you want. 



Rhinestones

Just make sure to buy heat set ones.... 

If you really want the best, go with these



You'll need the hot fix tool... this is the best one... 

A bit more $ than the Imaginese one, but I think worth it.



Fabric

I used Heidi Grace's fabric from Joann's... Love love love the patterns... 
It's like my favorite scrapbook paper making it's way onto fabric and getting itself sewn/ironed onto all my articles of clothing, Thank you Joann's!




Then, this is what you too can make... in about 20 minutes. 

Is it the best thing I have ever done? No,
But... when I did this first shirt ideas kept coming... so many fun ideas to share with you soon... 

Keep posted!

Not such a great picture... but I wanted to show the whole shirt.



Up close of the little birdies.





Proof I will actually wear it... 
and for those friends and family peeking in on me... 
Proof I have in fact been working out as much as I am complaining I am. :) 

Thinning mid-section courtesy of Tyler, the personal trainer I so loath. 



Cheers.
N. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking a moment to say hi! --- Hello and thank you right back at-cha!